From August 2013 to November 2014, I was a Postdoctoral Associate with Bill Freeman at MIT’s CSAIL Lab. In June 2013, I received my PhD from the Computer Science department at New York University. My advisor was Rob Fergus. I was awarded a Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship for 2010-2011, a Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship for 2012-2013 from the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and the Janet Fabri prize (2013-2014) for outstanding dissertation in Computer Science.
- Y. Shih, D. Krishnan, F. Durand and William T. Freeman. Reflection Removal using Ghosting Cues, To appear in CVPR 2015.
- MIT News profile of our work.
- D. Zoran, D. Krishnan, J. Bento and William T. Freeman. Shape and Illumination from Shading using the Generic Viewpoint Assumption, NIPS 2014.
- P. Isola, D. Zoran, D. Krishnan and E. H. Adelson. Crisp Boundary Detection Using Pointwise Mutual Information, ECCV 2014.
- D. Krishnan, J. Bruna and R. Fergus. Blind Deconvolution with Non-local Sparsity Reweighting, June 2014.
- D. Eigen, D. Krishnan and R. Fergus. Restoring An Image Taken Through a Window Covered with Dirt or Rain, ICCV 2013.
- D. Krishnan, R. Fattal and R. Szeliski. Efficient Preconditioners for Laplacians Arising in Computer Graphics and Computational Photography, SIGGRAPH 2013.
- D. Krishnan, R. Szeliski. Multigrid and Multilevel Preconditioners for Computational Photography, SIGGRAPH Asia 2011.
- D. Krishnan, T. Tay, R. Fergus. Blind Deconvolution using a Normalized Sparsity Measure, CVPR 2011.
- M. Zeiler, D. Krishnan, G. Taylor, R. Fergus. Deconvolutional Networks, CVPR 2010.
- D. Krishnan, R. Fergus. Fast Image Deconvolution using Hyper-Laplacian Priors , NIPS 2009.
- D. Krishnan, R. Fergus. Dark Flash Photography, SIGGRAPH 2009.
- D. Krishnan, Q. V. Pham, A. Y. Yip. A primal-dual active-set algorithm for bilaterally constrained total variation deblurring and piecewise constant Mumford-Shah segmentation problems, Advances in Computational Mathematics. Published Online, September 2008.
- D. Krishnan, P. Lin, A. Y. Yip. A primal-dual active-set method for non-negativity constrained total variation deblurring problems, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 16(11), pp. 2766-2777, November 2007.
- D. Krishnan, P. Lin, X. C. Tai. An efficient operator-splitting method for noise removal in images, Communications in Computational Physics, 1(5), pp. 847-858, October 2006.
- D. Krishnan, M. N. Chong, S. Kalra. On the computational aspects of Gibbs-Markov random field modelling of missing data in image sequences, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 8(8), pp. pp. 1139-1142, August 1999.
- S. Kalra, D. Krishnan, M. N. Chong. A MRF based model based scheme for accurate detection and adaptive interpolation of missing data in highly corrupted image sequences, IEEE Conference on Image Processing, 1999.
- M. N. Chong, D. Krishnan. An edge-preserving MRF model for the detection of missing data in image sequences, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 5(4), pp. 81-83, April 1998.
- Efficient Preconditioning for Laplacian Matrices. Microsoft Research, Cambridge, England, January 2014.
- Invited Talk – Fast Image Deconvolution Using Hyper Laplacian Priors. Group Meeting of Fredo Durand’s graphics group, MIT (CSAIL), October 22, 2010.
- Invited Talk – Dark Flash Photography and Fast Image Deconvolution Using Hyper Laplacian Priors. Rick Szeliski’s Interactive Visual Media Group, Microsoft Research, Seattle, December 3, 2009.
- Dark Flash Photography. SIGGRAPH 2009, New Orleans, August 7, 2009.
- Dark Flash Photography. Group meeting of Laboratory for Computational Vision, NYU, May 28, 2009.
- Dark Flash Photography. Group meeting of Bill Freeman’s Vision Group, MIT (CSAIL), May 19, 2009.
- Dark Flash Photography. Graphics Seminar, NYU, May 8, 2009.
- Summer 2013: Consultant to MADBITS LLC, developing deep learning algorithms for image classification.
- Co-founder and CTO of Nirvana Digital, later acquired by Black Magic Designs. Nirvana Digital developed Revival, a film and video restoration system, now used in post-production companies worldwide.
- Angel Investor/Technical Advisor to Aniika.
Professional Activities: Reviewer for the following conferences and journals
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.
- IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR).
- IEEE Transactions Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI).
- ACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH) and SIGGRAPH Asia.
- Journal for Visual Comm. and Image Representation (JVCI).
- Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS).
- European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV).